Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified MarketAxess Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MKTX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.2 million.
- MKTX has traded 220,356 shares today.
- MKTX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MKTX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MKTX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MKTX:
MarketAxess Holdings Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates an electronic trading platform that allows investment industry professionals to trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. MKTX has a PE ratio of 35.2. Currently there are no analysts that rate MarketAxess Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for MarketAxess Holdings has been 155,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. MarketAxess has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.77 and a short float of 1.6% with 3.07 days to cover. Shares are up 91.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates MarketAxess Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 31.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $37.08 million or 35.45% when compared to the same quarter last year.
- The net income increased by 35.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $13.48 million to $18.21 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, MKTX is up 133.24% to its most recent closing price of 67.64. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- You can view the full MarketAxess Holdings Ratings Report.