Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified ManpowerGroup as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MAN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $56.6 million.
- MAN has traded 82,423 shares today.
- MAN is trading at 5.41 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- MAN is trading at a new high 3.11% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MAN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MAN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MAN:
ManpowerGroup Inc. provides workforce solutions and services in the Americas, Southern Europe, Northern Europe, and the Asia Pacific Middle East region. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. MAN has a PE ratio of 16. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate ManpowerGroup a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for ManpowerGroup has been 630,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. ManpowerGroup has a market cap of $6.0 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.33 and a short float of 3.1% with 3.19 days to cover. Shares are down 6.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates ManpowerGroup as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MANPOWERGROUP has improved earnings per share by 12.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MANPOWERGROUP increased its bottom line by earning $5.43 versus $5.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.86 versus $5.43).
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.33, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.44, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $228.70 million or 13.61% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 1.76%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Professional Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, MANPOWERGROUP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full ManpowerGroup Ratings Report.