Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Mack-Cali Realty as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CLI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.4 million.
- CLI has traded 40.37310000000000087538865045644342899322509765625 options contracts today.
- CLI is making at least a new 3-day high.
- CLI has a PE ratio of 71.
- CLI is mentioned 1.19 times per day on StockTwits.
- CLI has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- CLI is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- CLI is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- CLI is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- CLI is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CLI:
Mack-Cali Realty Corporation is a real estate investment trust (REIT). It engages in the leasing, management, acquisition, development, and construction of commercial real estate properties in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. CLI has a PE ratio of 71. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Mack-Cali Realty a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Mack-Cali Realty has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Mack-Cali has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.56 and a short float of 6.4% with 3.86 days to cover. Shares are up 8.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Mack-Cali Realty as a
. Among the primary strengths of the company is its respectable return on equity which we feel is likely to continue. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CLI, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, MACK-CALI REALTY CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- MACK-CALI REALTY CORP's earnings per share declined by 31.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MACK-CALI REALTY CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.33 versus -$0.88 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 15.2% in earnings ($0.28 versus $0.33).
- The gross profit margin for MACK-CALI REALTY CORP is rather low; currently it is at 17.28%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 24.14% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $40.50 million or 29.54% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Mack-Cali Realty Ratings Report.