Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Lumber Liquidators Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $40.8 million.
- LL traded 53,548 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:16 AM, representing 13.8% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on LL:
Lumber Liquidators Holdings, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of hardwood flooring, and hardwood flooring enhancements and accessories. LL has a PE ratio of 49.0. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Lumber Liquidators Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Lumber Liquidators Holdings has been 527,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Lumber Liquidators has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 26.6% with 12.09 days to cover. Shares are up 109.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Lumber Liquidators Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 21.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- LUMBER LIQUIDATORS HLDGS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LUMBER LIQUIDATORS HLDGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.68 versus $0.93 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.70 versus $1.68).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income increased by 67.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $12.18 million to $20.42 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, LUMBER LIQUIDATORS HLDGS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 42.38% is the gross profit margin for LUMBER LIQUIDATORS HLDGS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 7.94% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Lumber Liquidators Holdings Ratings Report.