Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as an unusual social activity candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Lowe's Companies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LOW has more that 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 8.84 mentions/day.
- LOW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $397.6 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LOW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LOW NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on LOW:
Lowe's Companies, Inc. operates as a home improvement retailer. The company offers products for maintenance, repair, remodeling, and home decorating. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. LOW has a PE ratio of 22. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Lowe's Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Lowe's Companies has been 5.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lowe's Companies has a market cap of $62.7 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.98 and a short float of 0.6% with 0.99 days to cover. Shares are down 8.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Lowe's Companies as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LOWE'S COMPANIES INC has improved earnings per share by 35.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LOWE'S COMPANIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.70 versus $2.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.30 versus $2.70).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 25.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $585.00 million to $736.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, LOWE'S COMPANIES INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Lowe's Companies Ratings Report.