Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Littelfuse as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LFUS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.5 million.
- LFUS has traded 7.641799999999999926103555480949580669403076171875 options contracts today.
- LFUS is making at least a new 3-day high.
- LFUS has a PE ratio of 23.
- LFUS is mentioned 1.19 times per day on StockTwits.
- LFUS has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- LFUS is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- LFUS is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- LFUS is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- LFUS is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LFUS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LFUS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on LFUS:
Littelfuse, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells circuit protection devices for use in the automotive, electronic, and electrical markets worldwide. It operates in three segments: Electronics, Automotive, and Electrical. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. LFUS has a PE ratio of 23. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Littelfuse a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Littelfuse has been 132,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Littelfuse has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 1.03 and a short float of 1.7% with 3.23 days to cover. Shares are up 6.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Littelfuse as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, increase in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LFUS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- LFUS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.23 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, LFUS has a quick ratio of 2.27, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 41.97% is the gross profit margin for LITTELFUSE INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.20% is above that of the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income increased by 15.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $19.51 million to $22.46 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $52.24 million or 5.94% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, LITTELFUSE INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 10.19%.
- You can view the full Littelfuse Ratings Report.