Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Life Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LIFE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $105.4 million.
- LIFE has traded 9,841 shares today.
- LIFE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LIFE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LIFE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on LIFE:
Life Technologies Corporation operates as a life sciences company. LIFE has a PE ratio of 28.0. Currently there are no analysts that rate Life Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Life Technologies has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Life has a market cap of $13.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.49 and a short float of 1.3% with 1.59 days to cover. Shares are up 0.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Life Technologies as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 81.08% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 40.32% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.39 versus $2.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.20 versus $2.39).
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.42, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.28 is sturdy.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry and the overall market, LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Life Technologies Ratings Report.