Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "barbarian at the gate" (strong stocks crossing above resistance with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Lattice Semiconductor as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LSCC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.4 million.
- LSCC has traded 7.3 million shares today.
- LSCC traded in a range 231.1% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.88.
- LSCC traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 55 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 55 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LSCC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LSCC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on LSCC:
Lattice Semiconductor Corporation designs, develops, and markets programmable logic products and related software in Asia, Europe, and the Americas. It offers products based on field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) and complex programmable logic devices (CPLDs) architectures. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Lattice Semiconductor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Lattice Semiconductor has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lattice Semiconductor has a market cap of $667.3 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.82 and a short float of 11.7% with 3.60 days to cover. Shares are down 9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Lattice Semiconductor as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, generally high debt management risk, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 394.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $15.42 million to -$45.45 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, LATTICE SEMICONDUCTOR CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.11 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, LSCC has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 1.72, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The share price of LATTICE SEMICONDUCTOR CORP is down 10.59% when compared to where it was trading one year earlier. This reflects both (a) the trend in the overall market as well as (b) the sharp decline in the company's earnings per share. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- LATTICE SEMICONDUCTOR CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LATTICE SEMICONDUCTOR CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$1.35 versus $0.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.43 versus -$1.35).
- You can view the full Lattice Semiconductor Ratings Report.