Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified KKR as such a stock due to the following factors:
- KKR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $92.5 million.
- KKR has traded 487,404 shares today.
- KKR is trading at 2.53 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- KKR is trading at a new high 4.02% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KKR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KKR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on KKR:
KKR & Co. L.P. is a private equity and real estate investment firm specializing in direct and fund of fund investments. It specializes in acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, credit special situations, growth equity, mature, mezzanine, distressed, and middle market investments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 9%. KKR has a PE ratio of 13. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate KKR a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for KKR has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. KKR has a market cap of $8.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.83 and a short float of 2.7% with 2.46 days to cover. Shares are down 18.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates KKR as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 48.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 111.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $178.22 million to $376.31 million.
- The gross profit margin for KKR & CO LP is currently very high, coming in at 86.52%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.33% trails the industry average.
- KKR & CO LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KKR & CO LP reported lower earnings of $1.28 versus $2.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.81 versus $1.28).
- You can view the full KKR Ratings Report.