Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Johnson Controls as such a stock due to the following factors:
- JCI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $233.9 million.
- JCI is up 3.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JCI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JCI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on JCI:
Johnson Controls, Inc. engages in building efficiency, automotive experience, and power solutions businesses worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. JCI has a PE ratio of 28.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Johnson Controls a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Johnson Controls has been 3.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Johnson Controls has a market cap of $33.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.60 and a short float of 0.8% with 1.17 days to cover. Shares are up 60.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Johnson Controls as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Auto Components industry. The net income increased by 1412.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$8.00 million to $105.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,043.00 million or 31.36% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.86%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1600.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 96.75% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- JOHNSON CONTROLS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JOHNSON CONTROLS INC reported lower earnings of $1.71 versus $1.79 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.25 versus $1.71).
- You can view the full Johnson Controls Ratings Report.