Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified JetBlue Airways as such a stock due to the following factors:
- JBLU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $134.9 million.
- JBLU is up 2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JBLU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JBLU NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on JBLU:
JetBlue Airways Corporation, a passenger carrier company, provides air transportation services in the United States, the Caribbean, and Latin America. As of December 31, 2013, it operated a fleet of 4 Airbus A321 aircraft, 130 Airbus A320 aircraft, and 60 EMBRAER 190 aircraft. JBLU has a PE ratio of 14.4. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate JetBlue Airways a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for JetBlue Airways has been 9.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. JetBlue Airways has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.51 and a short float of 20.9% with 5.12 days to cover. Shares are up 80% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates JetBlue Airways as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 79.76% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- JETBLUE AIRWAYS CORP has improved earnings per share by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, JETBLUE AIRWAYS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.51 versus $0.39 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.68 versus $0.51).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Airlines industry average. The net income increased by 11.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $71.00 million to $79.00 million.
- JBLU's revenue growth trails the industry average of 29.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- You can view the full JetBlue Airways Ratings Report.