Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Jack In The Box as such a stock due to the following factors:
- JACK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.8 million.
- JACK has traded 3,163 shares today.
- JACK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JACK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JACK NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on JACK:
Jack in the Box Inc. operates and franchises Jack in the Box quick-service restaurants and Qdoba Mexican Grill fast-casual restaurants in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. JACK has a PE ratio of 34.2. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Jack In The Box a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Jack In The Box has been 580,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Jack In The Box has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.29 and a short float of 2.5% with 1.54 days to cover. Shares are up 56.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Jack In The Box as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, JACK's share price has jumped by 59.10%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, JACK should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 175.76% to $87.10 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, JACK IN THE BOX INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.83%.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, JACK IN THE BOX INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- JACK IN THE BOX INC's earnings per share declined by 18.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JACK IN THE BOX INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.26 versus $1.84 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.82 versus $2.26).
- You can view the full Jack In The Box Ratings Report.