Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Intuit as such a stock due to the following factors:
- INTU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $109.7 million.
- INTU is up 3.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in INTU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for INTU NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on INTU:
Intuit Inc. provides business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers, and accounting professionals primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, India, and Singapore. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. INTU has a PE ratio of 53. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Intuit a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Intuit has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Intuit has a market cap of $26.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 2.3% with 5.79 days to cover. Shares are up 8.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Intuit as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, INTUIT INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 136.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$66.00 million to $24.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for INTUIT INC is currently very high, coming in at 84.62%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, INTU's net profit margin of 2.60% significantly trails the industry average.
- INTUIT INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INTUIT INC reported lower earnings of $1.47 versus $2.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.50 versus $1.47).
- You can view the full Intuit Ratings Report.