Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Intuit as such a stock due to the following factors:
- INTU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $199.2 million.
- INTU is up 2.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in INTU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for INTU NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on INTU:
Intuit Inc. provides business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers, and accounting professionals primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, India, and Singapore. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. INTU has a PE ratio of 6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Intuit a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Intuit has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Intuit has a market cap of $25.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.20 and a short float of 3.4% with 4.86 days to cover. Shares are up 2.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Intuit as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, INTUIT INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 63.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$84.00 million to -$31.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for INTUIT INC is currently very high, coming in at 84.15%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -4.34% is in-line with the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Intuit Ratings Report.