Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Illumina as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ILMN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $94.1 million.
- ILMN is up 6.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ILMN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ILMN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ILMN:
Illumina, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and biological function in North America, Europe, Latin America, the Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and South Africa. ILMN has a PE ratio of 94.1. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Illumina a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Illumina has been 981,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Illumina has a market cap of $10.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.02 and a short float of 25.6% with 21.55 days to cover. Shares are up 45.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Illumina as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ILLUMINA INC has improved earnings per share by 44.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ILLUMINA INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.13 versus $0.62 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.72 versus $1.13).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry. The net income increased by 53.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $23.40 million to $35.88 million.
- ILMN's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.61 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.19 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 44.44% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 71.36% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Illumina Ratings Report.