Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Huntington as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HBAN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $117.2 million.
- HBAN is up 4.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HBAN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HBAN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HBAN:
Huntington Bancshares Incorporated operates as the holding company for The Huntington National Bank that provides commercial, small business, and consumer banking services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. HBAN has a PE ratio of 11.5. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Huntington a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Huntington has been 10.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Huntington has a market cap of $6.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 1.9% with 1.27 days to cover. Shares are up 29.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Huntington as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and growth in earnings per share. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 25.95% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HBAN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 6.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $167.77 million to $178.49 million.
- The gross profit margin for HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES is currently very high, coming in at 93.07%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 25.01% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES has improved earnings per share by 5.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES increased its bottom line by earning $0.72 versus $0.60 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 5.5% in earnings ($0.68 versus $0.72).
- You can view the full Huntington Ratings Report.