Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Hudson Pacific Properties as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HPP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.5 million.
- HPP has traded 1,851 shares today.
- HPP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HPP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HPP NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HPP:
Hudson Pacific Properties, Inc. operates as a vertically integrated real estate trust (REIT) in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Hudson Pacific Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Hudson Pacific Properties has been 313,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Hudson Pacific has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.03 and a short float of 3.6% with 4.65 days to cover. Shares are up 21.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Hudson Pacific Properties as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- HUDSON PACIFIC PPTYS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HUDSON PACIFIC PPTYS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.20 versus -$0.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.13 versus -$0.20).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 330.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$2.87 million to $6.63 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, HUDSON PACIFIC PPTYS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Hudson Pacific Properties Ratings Report.