Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "barbarian at the gate" (strong stocks crossing above resistance with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Helen Of Troy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HELE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.1 million.
- HELE has traded 264,431 shares today.
- HELE traded in a range 201.8% of the normal price range with a price range of $5.16.
- HELE traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 89 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 89 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HELE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HELE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HELE:
Helen of Troy Limited, together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, imports, markets, and distributes a portfolio of consumer products worldwide. It operates through four segments: Housewares, Healthcare/Home Environment, Nutritional Supplements, and Personal Care. HELE has a PE ratio of 21. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Helen Of Troy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Helen Of Troy has been 315,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Helen Of Troy has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.83 and a short float of 4.6% with 5.68 days to cover. Shares are up 4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Helen Of Troy as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HELE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.49, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.06, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Household Durables industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HELEN OF TROY LTD has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- HELEN OF TROY LTD's earnings per share declined by 15.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HELEN OF TROY LTD increased its bottom line by earning $4.52 versus $2.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.82 versus $4.52).
- 43.38% is the gross profit margin for HELEN OF TROY LTD which we consider to be strong. Regardless of HELE's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HELE's net profit margin of 10.50% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Helen Of Troy Ratings Report.