Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Hartford Financial Services Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HIG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $116.2 million.
- HIG is up 2.9% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HIG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HIG NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HIG:
The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides insurance and financial services to individual and business customers primarily in the United States and Japan. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. HIG has a PE ratio of 285.6. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Hartford Financial Services Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Hartford Financial Services Group has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hartford Financial Services Group has a market cap of $14.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 2.19 and a short float of 5.8% with 7.54 days to cover. Shares are up 40% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Hartford Financial Services Group as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.35, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 48.14% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 51.56% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 131.25% to $222.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -39.58%.
- HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES has improved earnings per share by 48.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES swung to a loss, reporting -$0.33 versus $1.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.30 versus -$0.33).
- You can view the full Hartford Financial Services Group Ratings Report.