Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Gilead as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GILD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.4 billion.
- GILD traded 400,383 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:01 AM.
- GILD is down 8.4% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GILD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GILD NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on GILD:
Gilead Sciences, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of life threatening diseases in North America, South America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. GILD has a PE ratio of 18.2. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Gilead a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Gilead has been 14.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Gilead has a market cap of $154.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.11 and a short float of 3.7% with 4.11 days to cover. Shares are up 40.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Gilead as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GILD's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 40.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 117.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 255.31% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 43.41% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GILD should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GILEAD SCIENCES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GILEAD SCIENCES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.83 versus $1.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.96 versus $1.83).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 246.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $788.61 million to $2,731.27 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, GILEAD SCIENCES INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Gilead Ratings Report.