Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a weak on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Gentex as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GNTX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.2 million.
- GNTX has traded 832,228 shares today.
- GNTX is trading at 5.56 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- GNTX is trading at a new low 4.03% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GNTX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GNTX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on GNTX:
Gentex Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets automatic-dimming rearview mirrors and electronics for the automotive industry; dimmable aircraft windows for the aviation industry; and commercial smoke alarms and signaling devices for the fire protection industry worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. GNTX has a PE ratio of 13. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Gentex a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Gentex has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Gentex has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.02 and a short float of 8.7% with 6.13 days to cover. Shares are down 13.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Gentex as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- GNTX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.25, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- GENTEX CORP has improved earnings per share by 10.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GENTEX CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.98 versus $0.77 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.05 versus $0.98).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Auto Components industry average. The net income increased by 8.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $72.34 million to $78.33 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $91.27 million or 6.94% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -28.92%.
- You can view the full Gentex Ratings Report.