Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified General Mills as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GIS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $171.5 million.
- GIS has traded 709 shares today.
- GIS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GIS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GIS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on GIS:
General Mills, Inc. manufactures and markets branded consumer foods in the United States and internationally. It also supplies branded and unbranded food products to the foodservice and commercial baking industries. The company operates in three segments: U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. GIS has a PE ratio of 29. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate General Mills a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for General Mills has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. General Mills has a market cap of $34.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 2.4% with 4.94 days to cover. Shares are up 7.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates General Mills as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 12.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- 39.29% is the gross profit margin for GENERAL MILLS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.34% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $981.40 million or 20.15% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 20.15%, GENERAL MILLS INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 81.46%.
- GENERAL MILLS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GENERAL MILLS INC reported lower earnings of $1.97 versus $2.83 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.97 versus $1.97).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full General Mills Ratings Report.