Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified GasLog as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GLOG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.6 million.
- GLOG has traded 34,880 shares today.
- GLOG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GLOG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GLOG NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on GLOG:
GasLog Ltd. owns, operates, and manages vessels in the liquefied natural gas (LNG) market worldwide. It provides maritime services for the transportation of LNG and LNG vessel management services. As of March 28, 2013, GasLog Ltd.'s fleet consisted of 12 wholly-owned LNG carriers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. GLOG has a PE ratio of 33.3. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate GasLog a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for GasLog has been 391,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. GasLog has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. Shares are up 15.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates GasLog as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GLOG's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 154.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- GASLOG LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, GASLOG LTD increased its bottom line by earning $0.07 versus $0.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.60 versus $0.07).
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 200.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 60.95% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, GASLOG LTD's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.59 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, GLOG has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 2.00, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full GasLog Ratings Report.