Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified FMC Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FMC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.7 million.
- FMC is up 4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FMC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FMC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on FMC:
FMC Corporation, a diversified chemical company, provides solutions, applications, and products for agricultural, industrial, environmental, and consumer markets. It operates in three segments: FMC Agricultural Solutions, FMC Health and Nutrition, and FMC Minerals. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. FMC has a PE ratio of 21.2. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate FMC Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for FMC Corporation has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. FMC has a market cap of $9.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.22 and a short float of 4% with 3.49 days to cover. Shares are down 9.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates FMC Corporation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- FMC CORP's earnings per share declined by 10.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FMC CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.31 versus $3.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.20 versus $3.31).
- 38.72% is the gross profit margin for FMC CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of FMC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.96% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, FMC CORP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full FMC Corporation Ratings Report.