Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified First Solar as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FSLR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $149.5 million.
- FSLR is up 6.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FSLR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FSLR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on FSLR:
First Solar, Inc. provides solar energy solutions worldwide. The company operates through two segments, Components and Systems. The Components segment designs, manufactures, and sells solar modules that convert sunlight into electricity. FSLR has a PE ratio of 11. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate First Solar a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for First Solar has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. First Solar has a market cap of $6.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 2.68 and a short float of 7.7% with 2.45 days to cover. Shares are down 2.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates First Solar as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 42.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FSLR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.06 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.70, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 283.14% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 30.09% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, FSLR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- FIRST SOLAR INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FIRST SOLAR INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.88 versus $3.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.49 versus $3.88).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 288.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $89.83 million to $349.32 million.
- You can view the full First Solar Ratings Report.