Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a momo momentum candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Facebook Inc Class A as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.9 billion.
- FB has a PE ratio of 182.9.
- FB is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- FB is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- FB is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- FB is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- FB has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 1.2%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FB NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on FB:
Facebook, Inc. operates as a social networking company worldwide. It builds various tools that enable users to connect, share, discover, and communicate with each other on mobile devices and computers. FB has a PE ratio of 182.9. Currently there are 27 analysts that rate Facebook Inc Class A a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Facebook Inc Class A has been 54.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Facebook Inc Class A has a market cap of $69.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are up 44% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Facebook Inc Class A as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock itself is trading at a premium valuation.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FB's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 22.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 53.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although FB's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.18 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 10.22, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 285.71% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 72.45% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- When compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, FACEBOOK INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Facebook Inc Class A Ratings Report.