Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Expedia as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EXPE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $130.5 million.
- EXPE is up 5.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXPE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXPE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on EXPE:
Expedia, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an online travel company in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. EXPE has a PE ratio of 34.6. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Expedia a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Expedia has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Expedia has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.43 and a short float of 10.4% with 6.45 days to cover. Shares are up 17.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Expedia as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 85.71% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 25.27% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, EXPEDIA INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- EXPEDIA INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EXPEDIA INC reported lower earnings of $1.66 versus $2.16 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.84 versus $1.66).
- EXPE's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.63 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.70 is weak.
- You can view the full Expedia Ratings Report.