Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Everest Re Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.9 million.
- RE has traded 111,341 shares today.
- RE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on RE:
Everest Re Group, Ltd., through its subsidiaries, underwrites reinsurance and insurance products. It operates in four segments: U.S. Reinsurance, Insurance, International, and Bermuda. The U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. RE has a PE ratio of 7.2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Everest Re Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Everest Re Group has been 369,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Everest Re Group has a market cap of $6.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.56 and a short float of 3% with 4.58 days to cover. Shares are up 24.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Everest Re Group as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $170.18 million or 22.62% when compared to the same quarter last year.
- The net income increased by 28.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $214.55 million to $275.64 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, RE is up 32.63% to its most recent closing price of 138.23. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- You can view the full Everest Re Group Ratings Report.