Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Entergy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ETR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $133.1 million.
- ETR is up 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ETR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ETR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ETR:
Entergy Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the electric power production and retail electric distribution operations in the United States. It generates electricity through gas/oil, nuclear, coal, and hydro power. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.1%. ETR has a PE ratio of 15.1. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Entergy a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Entergy has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Entergy has a market cap of $14.5 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.15 and a short float of 4% with 3.97 days to cover. Shares are up 27.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Entergy as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- 35.35% is the gross profit margin for ENTERGY CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.65% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $767.16 million or 41.02% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 18.22%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electric Utilities industry. The net income increased by 143.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $166.98 million to $406.05 million.
- You can view the full Entergy Ratings Report.