Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified eBay as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EBAY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $918.5 million.
- EBAY is up 3.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EBAY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EBAY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on EBAY:
eBay Inc. provides online platforms, tools, and services to help individuals and merchants in online and mobile commerce and payments in the United States and internationally. EBAY has a PE ratio of 23.5. Currently there are 24 analysts that rate eBay a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for eBay has been 11.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. eBay has a market cap of $63.8 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.80 and a short float of 1.5% with 1.06 days to cover. Shares are down 3.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates eBay as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, growth in earnings per share and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EBAY's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Although EBAY's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.20 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, EBAY has a quick ratio of 1.67, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,334.00 million or 15.59% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, EBAY INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 23.71%.
- EBAY INC has improved earnings per share by 17.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EBAY INC reported lower earnings of $1.99 versus $2.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.70 versus $1.99).
- You can view the full eBay Ratings Report.