Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified DTE Energy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DTE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $80.5 million.
- DTE has traded 109,324 shares today.
- DTE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DTE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DTE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on DTE:
DTE Energy Company engages in the utility operations. The company's Electric segment engages in the generation, purchase, distribution, and sale of electricity to approximately 2.2 million residential, commercial, and industrial customers in southeastern Michigan. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. DTE has a PE ratio of 23. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate DTE Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for DTE Energy has been 834,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. DTE Energy has a market cap of $16.8 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.27 and a short float of 1.5% with 3.17 days to cover. Shares are up 17.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates DTE Energy as a
. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DTE's share price has jumped by 26.77%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- DTE ENERGY CO's earnings per share declined by 10.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DTE ENERGY CO reported lower earnings of $4.06 versus $5.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.95 versus $4.06).
- DTE, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for DTE ENERGY CO is rather low; currently it is at 23.93%. Regardless of DTE's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.62% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $741.00 million or 0.80% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 0.80%, DTE ENERGY CO is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -6.86%.
- You can view the full DTE Energy Ratings Report.