Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Dollar General as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $248.1 million.
- DG traded 10,400 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:15 AM.
- DG is up 4.7% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DG NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on DG:
Dollar General Corporation, a discount retailer, provides various merchandise products in the southern, southwestern, midwestern, and eastern United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. DG has a PE ratio of 21. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Dollar General a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Dollar General has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dollar General has a market cap of $23.3 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.79 and a short float of 2.8% with 3.23 days to cover. Shares are up 16.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Dollar General as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- DOLLAR GENERAL CORP has improved earnings per share by 11.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DOLLAR GENERAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.95 versus $3.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.56 versus $3.95).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multiline Retail industry average. The net income increased by 5.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $355.37 million to $376.18 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multiline Retail industry and the overall market, DOLLAR GENERAL CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Dollar General Ratings Report.