Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified CubeSmart as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CUBE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $49.5 million.
- CUBE has traded 21.59700000000000130739863379858434200286865234375 options contracts today.
- CUBE is making at least a new 3-day high.
- CUBE has a PE ratio of 158.
- CUBE is mentioned 1.68 times per day on StockTwits.
- CUBE has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- CUBE is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- CUBE is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- CUBE is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- CUBE is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CUBE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CUBE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CUBE:
CubeSmart is a self-administered and self-managed real estate company focused on the ownership, operation, acquisition and development of self-storage facilities in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. CUBE has a PE ratio of 158. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate CubeSmart a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for CubeSmart has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CubeSmart has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.04 and a short float of 4.6% with 2.86 days to cover. Shares are up 21.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates CubeSmart as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CUBESMART reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CUBESMART increased its bottom line by earning $0.13 versus $0.03 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.28 versus $0.13).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 74.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $7.89 million to $13.72 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $57.26 million or 39.67% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 16.13%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 75.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 47.77% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full CubeSmart Ratings Report.