Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Citrix Systems as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CTXS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $141.8 million.
- CTXS is up 3.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CTXS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CTXS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CTXS:
Citrix Systems, Inc. provides virtualization, networking, and cloud infrastructure solutions worldwide. The company operates in two divisions, Enterprise and Service Provider, and SaaS division. CTXS has a PE ratio of 37.2. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Citrix Systems a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Citrix Systems has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Citrix Systems has a market cap of $9.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.88 and a short float of 2.1% with 1.72 days to cover. Shares are down 5.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Citrix Systems as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CTXS's revenue growth trails the industry average of 26.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- CTXS's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.61 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.83 is weak.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $164.13 million or 26.38% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- In its most recent trading session, CTXS has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full Citrix Systems Ratings Report.