Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cirrus Logic as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CRUS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $45.3 million.
- CRUS has traded 1.9 million shares today.
- CRUS is trading at 31.13 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- CRUS is trading at a new high 15.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CRUS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CRUS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CRUS:
Cirrus Logic, Inc., a fabless semiconductor company, develops, manufactures, and markets analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs) for a range of consumer and industrial markets. CRUS has a PE ratio of 17. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Cirrus Logic a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Cirrus Logic has been 987,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cirrus Logic has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.10 and a short float of 8.9% with 3.80 days to cover. Shares are up 41.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Cirrus Logic as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CRUS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.19 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, CRUS has a quick ratio of 2.48, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, CIRRUS LOGIC INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CIRRUS LOGIC INC is rather high; currently it is at 56.06%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.03% trails the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- You can view the full Cirrus Logic Ratings Report.