Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified China Lodging Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HTHT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.5 million.
- HTHT has traded 6.19399999999999995026200849679298698902130126953125 options contracts today.
- HTHT is making at least a new 3-day high.
- HTHT has a PE ratio of 34.
- HTHT is mentioned 0.42 times per day on StockTwits.
- HTHT has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- HTHT is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- HTHT is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- HTHT is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- HTHT is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HTHT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HTHT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HTHT:
China Lodging Group, Limited and its subsidiaries develop leased, manachised, and franchised hotels in the People's Republic of China. HTHT has a PE ratio of 34. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate China Lodging Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for China Lodging Group has been 166,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. China Lodging Group has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are up 11.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates China Lodging Group as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- CHINA LODGING GROUP LTD -ADR has improved earnings per share by 15.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CHINA LODGING GROUP LTD -ADR increased its bottom line by earning $0.77 versus $0.74 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.75 versus $0.77).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income increased by 20.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $20.02 million to $24.06 million.
- 36.78% is the gross profit margin for CHINA LODGING GROUP LTD -ADR which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.23% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full China Lodging Group Ratings Report.