Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified BreitBurn Energy Partners as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BBEP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $28.6 million.
- BBEP has traded 115,448 shares today.
- BBEP is down 3.2% today.
- BBEP was up 21.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BBEP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BBEP NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BBEP:
BreitBurn Energy Partners L.P., an independent oil and gas company, acquires, explores, and develops oil, natural gas liquids (NGLs), and gas properties in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 19.2%. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate BreitBurn Energy Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold.
The average volume for BreitBurn Energy Partners has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. BreitBurn Energy has a market cap of $723.0 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.76 and a short float of 4.1% with 1.06 days to cover. Shares are down 22.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates BreitBurn Energy Partners as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and generally higher debt management risk.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BBEP's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 153.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- BREITBURN ENERGY PARTNERS LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, BREITBURN ENERGY PARTNERS LP continued to lose money by earning -$0.40 versus -$0.60 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.24 versus -$0.40).
- BBEP's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.91 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that BBEP's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.56 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, BREITBURN ENERGY PARTNERS LP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full BreitBurn Energy Partners Ratings Report.