Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Brandywine Realty as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BDN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.5 million.
- BDN is making at least a new 3-day high.
- BDN has a PE ratio of 122.8.
- BDN is mentioned 0.26 times per day on StockTwits.
- BDN has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- BDN is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- BDN is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- BDN is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- BDN is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BDN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BDN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BDN:
Brandywine Realty Trust is a publically owned real estate investment trust. The firm invests in real estate markets of the United States. It makes investments in office, mixed-use, and industrial properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.8%. BDN has a PE ratio of 122.8. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Brandywine Realty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Brandywine Realty has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Brandywine has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.22 and a short float of 4.7% with 4.96 days to cover. Shares are up 13.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Brandywine Realty as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BDN's revenue growth trails the industry average of 13.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for BRANDYWINE REALTY TRUST is rather low; currently it is at 21.05%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 5.98% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $42.76 million or 13.50% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Brandywine Realty Ratings Report.