Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Bob Evans Farms as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BOBE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.0 million.
- BOBE has traded 6,017 shares today.
- BOBE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BOBE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BOBE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BOBE:
Bob Evans Farms, Inc. owns and operates full-service restaurants under the Bob Evans brand name in the United States. It also sells retail gifts, food items, and other novelties in its Bob Evans restaurants, and 6 Bob Evans restaurants & general stores. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Bob Evans Farms a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Bob Evans Farms has been 171,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bob Evans Farms has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 4.5% with 6.33 days to cover. Shares are up 30.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Bob Evans Farms as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income increased by 22.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $22.04 million to $27.02 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $47.77 million or 21.06% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -6.26%.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.35, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.31 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- BOB EVANS FARMS has improved earnings per share by 27.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BOB EVANS FARMS swung to a loss, reporting -$0.11 versus $2.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.64 versus -$0.11).
- You can view the full Bob Evans Farms Ratings Report.