Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified BioScrip as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BIOS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.9 million.
- BIOS has traded 958,181 shares today.
- BIOS is down 3.3% today.
- BIOS was up 8.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BIOS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BIOS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BIOS:
BioScrip, Inc. provides home infusion and other home care services, and pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services in the United States. It operates in three segments: Infusion Services, Home Health Services, and PBM Services. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate BioScrip a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for BioScrip has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. BioScrip has a market cap of $574.1 million and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.83 and a short float of 7.5% with 0.92 days to cover. Shares are down 21.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates BioScrip as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.56, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, BIOS has a quick ratio of 2.40, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 35.43% is the gross profit margin for BIOSCRIP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -4.65% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, BIOSCRIP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$9.21 million or 148.17% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full BioScrip Ratings Report.