Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Baxter International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BAX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $273.9 million.
- BAX traded 11,913 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:15 AM.
- BAX is up 3.7% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BAX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BAX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BAX:
Baxter International Inc., through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets products for people with hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, kidney disease, trauma, and other chronic and acute medical conditions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. BAX has a PE ratio of 17.8. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Baxter International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Baxter International has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Baxter International has a market cap of $38.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.61 and a short float of 1% with 1.35 days to cover. Shares are up 6.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Baxter International as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 26.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $966.00 million or 20.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -60.73%.
- The gross profit margin for BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.45%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 14.41% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC's earnings per share declined by 6.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.18 versus $3.88 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.67 versus $4.18).
- You can view the full Baxter International Ratings Report.