Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Baxter International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BAX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $157.5 million.
- BAX is up 2.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BAX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BAX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BAX:
Baxter International Inc., develops, manufactures, and markets products for people with hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, kidney disease, trauma, and other chronic and acute medical conditions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. BAX has a PE ratio of 11. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Baxter International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Baxter International has been 5.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Baxter International has a market cap of $20.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 2.8% with 3.75 days to cover. Shares are up 3.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Baxter International as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, BAX's share price has jumped by 240.00%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, BAX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- 42.18% is the gross profit margin for BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of BAX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BAX's net profit margin of 0.04% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 37.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Baxter International Ratings Report.