Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Analog Devices as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ADI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $83.7 million.
- ADI is up 2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ADI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ADI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ADI:
Analog Devices, Inc. is engaged in the design, manufacture, and marketing of analog, mixed-signal, and digital signal processing integrated circuits (ICs) for use in industrial, automotive, consumer, and communication markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. ADI has a PE ratio of 22.8. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Analog Devices a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Analog Devices has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Analog Devices has a market cap of $16.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.19 and a short float of 2.8% with 5.39 days to cover. Shares are up 1.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Analog Devices as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ADI's revenue growth trails the industry average of 18.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ANALOG DEVICES is currently very high, coming in at 70.41%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 24.81% is above that of the industry average.
- ANALOG DEVICES's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. We anticipate these figures will begin to experience more growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANALOG DEVICES increased its bottom line by earning $2.14 versus $2.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.39 versus $2.14).
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.57, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that ADI's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.03 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ANALOG DEVICES has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Analog Devices Ratings Report.