Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Amgen as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AMGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $681.6 million.
- AMGN is up 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMGN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AMGN:
Amgen Inc., a biotechnology company, discovers, develops, manufactures, and delivers human therapeutics worldwide. It focuses for the treatment of illness in the areas of oncology, hematology, inflammation, bone health, nephrology, cardiovascular, and general medicine. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. AMGN has a PE ratio of 23. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Amgen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Amgen has been 3.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Amgen has a market cap of $131.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.68 and a short float of 1.4% with 2.34 days to cover. Shares are up 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Amgen as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 50.71% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 34.49% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AMGN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- AMGEN INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AMGEN INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.70 versus $6.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($9.62 versus $6.70).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Biotechnology industry average. The net income increased by 51.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,073.00 million to $1,623.00 million.
- AMGN's revenue growth trails the industry average of 22.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full Amgen Ratings Report.