Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Amgen as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AMGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $534.0 million.
- AMGN is up 2.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMGN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AMGN:
Amgen Inc., a biotechnology company, discovers, develops, manufactures, and delivers human therapeutics in the areas of oncology, hematology, inflammation, bone health, nephrology, cardiovascular, and general medicine worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. AMGN has a PE ratio of 25.2. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Amgen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Amgen has been 3.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Amgen has a market cap of $121.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.43 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.45 days to cover. Shares are up 0.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Amgen as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, AMGN's share price has jumped by 28.30%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AMGN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The revenue growth significantly trails the industry average of 41.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for AMGEN INC is currently very high, coming in at 89.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 24.72% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 51.68% to $2,741.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 51.68%, AMGEN INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 118.34%.
- You can view the full Amgen Ratings Report.