Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified American Equity Investment Life Holding Com as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.9 million.
- AEL has traded 1.2 million shares today.
- AEL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AEL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AEL:
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company, through its subsidiaries, operates in the insurance business in 50 states and the District of Columbia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. AEL has a PE ratio of 7.3. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate American Equity Investment Life Holding Com a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for American Equity Investment Life Holding Com has been 934,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. American Equity Investment Life Holding Com has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.87 and a short float of 19.6% with 17.74 days to cover. Shares are up 101.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates American Equity Investment Life Holding Com as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 676.92% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 107.24% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AEL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market, AMERICAN EQTY INVT LIFE HLDG's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income increased by 817.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$7.83 million to $56.18 million.
- You can view the full American Equity Investment Life Holding Com Ratings Report.