Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a momo momentum candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Alphabet as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GOOG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.3 billion.
- GOOG has a PE ratio of 3.
- GOOG is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- GOOG is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- GOOG is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- GOOG is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- GOOG has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.7%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GOOG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GOOG NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on GOOG:
Alphabet Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides online advertising services in the United States, the United Kingdom, and rest of the world. The company offers performance and brand advertising services. It operates through Google and Other Bets segments. GOOG has a PE ratio of 3. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Alphabet a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Alphabet has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Alphabet has a market cap of $504.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are down 1.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Alphabet as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 31.34% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 34.13% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GOOG should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 21.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although GOOG's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.04 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.50, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ALPHABET INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Alphabet Ratings Report.