Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Alnylam Pharmaceuticals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ALNY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $72.8 million.
- ALNY has traded 461,560 shares today.
- ALNY is down 3.1% today.
- ALNY was up 11% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALNY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALNY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ALNY:
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes novel therapeutics based on RNA interference. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Alnylam Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Alnylam Pharmaceuticals has been 955,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Alnylam has a market cap of $5.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.23 and a short float of 9.7% with 5.51 days to cover. Shares are down 25% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Alnylam Pharmaceuticals as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 102.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$50.78 million to -$102.97 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$83.62 million or 218.50% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 54.26%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 95.16% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS INC continued to lose money by earning -$3.45 versus -$5.14 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 40.4% in earnings (-$4.85 versus -$3.45).
- You can view the full Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.