Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Akamai Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AKAM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $137.2 million.
- AKAM is up 2.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AKAM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AKAM NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AKAM:
Akamai Technologies, Inc. provides cloud services for delivering, optimizing, and securing online content and business applications in the United States and internationally. AKAM has a PE ratio of 32.9. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Akamai Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Akamai Technologies has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Akamai has a market cap of $9.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 1.90 and a short float of 2.6% with 1.59 days to cover. Shares are up 21.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Akamai Technologies as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 17.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.61 versus $1.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.34 versus $1.61).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 17.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $61.90 million to $72.89 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 28.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Although AKAM's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.21 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.82, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Akamai Technologies Ratings Report.