Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Affiliated Managers Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AMG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $83.5 million.
- AMG is up 3.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMG NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AMG:
Affiliated Managers Group, Inc., through its affiliates, operates as an asset management company providing investment management services to mutual funds, institutional clients, and high net worth individuals in the United States. It provides advisory or subadvisory services to mutual funds. AMG has a PE ratio of 29.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Affiliated Managers Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Affiliated Managers Group has been 477,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Affiliated Managers Group has a market cap of $11.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.52 and a short float of 1.2% with 1.59 days to cover. Shares are down 6.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Affiliated Managers Group as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, AFFILIATED MANAGERS GRP INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- AFFILIATED MANAGERS GRP INC has improved earnings per share by 21.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AFFILIATED MANAGERS GRP INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.49 versus $3.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($11.80 versus $6.49).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Capital Markets industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 23.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $62.40 million to $77.20 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $297.70 million or 47.23% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 12.42%.
- You can view the full Affiliated Managers Group Ratings Report.